The facts: I’m Michael Saukstelis, and am the owner and principal photographer of Michael Paul Photographers., based in Woodridge, IL specializing in Chicago area weddings, high profile corporate events and family photography.
I have been a photographer since the four letter word days…..FILM. I started as a studio photographer in 1989 capturing images for specialty catalogs, magazines, and retail advertising. Long story short….. I spent a few more years working for different commercial studios and in 2001 I took a leap of faith, and thought it’s time to go out on my own, so I started Michael Paul Photographers with the focus (slight pun) to capture creative and artistic images for not only wedding clients, but also for family, and high profile corporate events.
My stats: I am married to my best friend Dawn since 2007, and we have a beautiful daughter Jayden, that is a true miracle by the touch of God’s grace.
Speaking of God…..It is because of HIM that I have everything to be thankful for in my life. I thank Him for sending his son Jesus Christ to die for me…..“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:8-9
How do I describe my style:
My photography style can be described as emotional and journalistic with an eye for detail. I like to photograph as an observer without ever being controlling. I have learned that having a relaxed approach helps me create and capture very natural looking images. I am an artist for you behind the camera and an designer when it comes to creating your high-quality albums and fine art prints. This is not a combination often found in the same person. I want to capture YOUR story and allow you to relive and share it with the generations that may follow.
Exceptional timing = priceless memories
I have great timing because of my experience and intuition for the unexpected. I get a distinct and unexplainable “feeling” for when special moments are about to occur, knowing just when to push the shutter and have it framed in an artistic and flattering way. That experience, skill, and gut instinct for finding the perfect moment is exactly what leads to the pictures you will cherish for a lifetime.
As time goes on and new people enter your lives, I hope you will share your wedding album with them. Your album should give them get a real sense of what it was like to be at your wedding, not just faces of guests, but the real ambiance, emotion, fun and love.
So much is happening on your wedding day, the memories don’t actually start to unfold until you begin reliving the event in the relaxed months after. My goal is to capture the entirety of the event, so that the significance of this great experience – this milestone – is not only preserved, but can grow as time goes on.
10 Features of Michael Paul Photographers
- Story Telling: I blend candid and portrait photography to create stunning photos that you’ll treasure forever.
- Experience: I have personally photographed over 600 weddings and feel comfortable in the chaos of a wedding day.
- Problem Solving: I can guide you through the flow of your wedding day so you don’t have to stress the details.
- Collaboration: I love collaborating with you to highlight your personality and make your photo ideas happen.
- Image Rights: All weddings include a print release, allowing you to order prints whenever and wherever you like.
- Image Enhancement: Hours are spent enhancing each image individually so that your images look their best.
- Gear: We use professional Nikon cameras and lenses that excel even in the dim lighting of a dance floor.
- Image Backup: We make sure to have your images backed up on multiple drives and in the cloud.
- All In One: We provide engagement sessions, wedding photography and lifetime quality albums that are handmade in Italy.
- Happy Clients: See what past wedding clients have said about their experience with us. CLICK HERE